<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 12, 2006

I interrupt this blog to bring this rant 

Greetings one and all. I think if you have been following the saga of my wife's health on this blog, you deserve an update on her condition. She was transferred from Jewish Hospital to Christ Hospital here in Cincinnati. This was mainly because she is six months pregnant with our third child (a son :)) and her ob/gyn works out of Christ Hospital. On Wednesday, Nancy had a metal rod inserted into lower left leg because both shin bones were broken and with unclean breaks. She returned home from the hospital Saturday and has been basically bed ridden since then. She is in quite a bit of pain and discomfort as one can imagine, but she still has a sweet gentle spirit about her and is glad to be home.

When I assumed more household responsibiilities around our apartment, I have become aware of how "productive" my wife really is. First let us consider on the day of the accident itself, she was making fruit jello salad for dinner and was doing laundry down in our building's basement while watching my two young daughters all at the same time. Then you add in her work on other areas like reading to my girls, keeping the apartment fairly well picked up and other "little" things, she is a remarkable woman indeed.

I have reached the conclusion that anyone who suggests that housewives aren't being "productive" members of a family or of a society, is flat out wrong in thier assesment. I am not accusing anyone in particular at this point in time, but I do know the idea and impression is out there and must be combatted every step of the way. I am also not attacking those women who have jobs outside of the home. If they think that they have to do it or that they want to do it, then I have no real problem with them either. I merely stand in amazement at what my wife does on a daily basis and am spreading my impressions based upon my experience.

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Proverbs 31:10

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?