<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 19, 2005

UK-UC update 

My beloved Kentucky Wildcats are trailing 35-33 at the half right now. I was exstatic with the early 11-0 run by UK, but I have to give UC credit. They didn't panic and they have fought back admirably. I think the Wildcats have to be more agressive inside against Cincinnati in order to win. This game has been a big deal here in Cincinnati with UK fans and UC fans talking a bunch of junk back and forth for true bragging rights in the city. The two schools haven't played each other in 15 years and adding to the ferment is that this city is really focused on college basketball with Cincinnati and Xavier playing a rivalry game each year for the city's bragging rights. I think that a yearly UK-UC game would be great for both programs. I mean if UK can play one "home" game a year here in Cincinnati against another opponent, I think the athletic directors at UK and UC could work out some kind of arrangement to develop a true rival

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?